Wednesday, September 07, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I know there aren't too many hours left in Wednesday, but I thought I'd sneak this in anyhow.

I am currently 26,000 words into my WIP.  I'm thinking the title will be Predatory Animals.  I was hoping to have the first draft finished by the end of September, but I'm still having trouble getting good numbers every day.  It may be closer to the end of October.  I'm still planning on releasing a short story collection.  I'm going to work on that while I let the first draft cool.

In other news, I finally managed to get Guarding the Healer out in paperback.  I'm still not sure why there is such a royalty rate difference between Amazon and Createspace.

The sales for Guarding the Healer have been pretty low across the board, but I'm trying to remind myself that it has only been out for just over three months.  Hopefully sales will pick up or I might not be able to afford to self-pub Predatory Animals.  I had plans to spend the tax check, but due to unforeseen car troubles that will no longer be possible.

I'm not telling you this to get sympathy.  I just want other writers out there to know they are not alone.  But if we stick together and persevere I'm sure we'll be all right.

No comments: