Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm thankful to be an American. Though she has her problems, there is no other place I would rather be.

I'm thankful for freedom of speech and religion, that I can speak my mind and you can speak yours.

I'm thankful for the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I'm thankful for a home, a car, a job.  For food on the table.

I'm thankful for my wife.  My children.  My family.  My friends.

I'm thankful for my health, both mind and body.

I'm thankful for every soldier that has given so much, from missed holidays to the laying down of lives, that I may continue to live free.

Though some days I complain and lament my economic standings, I realize that compared to much of the world, I live as a king.

Lord God please know, I'm simply thankful.

No comments: