So, without further ado.
1) What is the working title of your book?
The title is Predatory Animals. It took me a long time to decide on this for the title. Sometimes they come to me at the same time as the story concept, but not this time. I think it was the last thing I added.
2) Where did the idea come from for your book?
I got the idea from watching my two dogs and their uncanny knack for hunting other woodland creatures.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
I have it under Dark Fantasy, a sub-genre of Horror, but it also fits nicely into Contemporary Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, or Paranormal Thriller.
4) Which actors would you choose to play in your movie rendition?
Give me Christian Bale to play Casper Brown. He's gold in my book and can pull off the wounded Marine aspect of Casper. For the villain Arthur Pummel, I'm going to go with Jason Isaacs. He has the look and can play a great bad guy.
5) What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
A man suspects his dogs, with whom he has a supernatural connection to, of being involved in missing persons about town, but soon must rely on them when a hidden evil turns its eyes on his family.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I have already self-published Predatory Animals. You can find it here.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I believe it took me about three months to complete the first draft.
8) What other books would you compare this story to?
The first book that comes to mind is Dean Koontz's Frankenstein novels.
9) Who or what inspired you to write the book?
My two dogs, Sammy and Sadie, are my inspiration. Without their insatiable blood lust, I may have never thought of the story.
10) What else about your book might pique the readers interest?
I think readers will enjoy the strange town of Shadeland. It is a place of secrets and shadows and I plan on writing other novels based in Shadeland.